Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11

Yesterday was "Love Our Lurkers Day" for many spanking blogs (a complete list of those participating can be found on Bonnie's blog, My Bottom Smarts. You can find a link to it on the right in my blog roll.) Lurkers everywhere==those people who come to a blog, peruse it, and then leave without making a comment==were encouraged yesterday to speak up, and for this one time let their voice be heard. My thanks to all that did so, and you can still scroll down to that post and leave a comment. It's never too late.

Today, instead of speaking up, I think a moment of silence would be more appropriate as we celebrate Veteran's Day and honor all those who have served, and are serving, their country. Most would say they were just "doing their job." I say, it takes a special kind of person to take that job on, and I, for one, am grateful and thankful for their service. A blog like this probably wouldn't exist if it wasn't for what they did to keep our country safe and free.

So, take a moment. Take two. And never forget our Vets.

1 comment:

Spanked Army Wife said...

Thanks for this post. It was especially a hard year this year. Matthews unit lost an entire platoon from either loss of limbs or KIA in Afghanistan. We are a small tight knit group and this Veteran's day it really hit home. We always remember those we lost on V Day but also we reconnect with our Army buddies. I love calling up my old battle buddies on Veterans day and reminiscing. :)