Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Moment Of Clarity

Just some things I want to address......

A word about writing:

I'm a spanker--as if you couldn't tell--who enjoys spanking females. Naturally, whenever I think of all things spanking, I tend to think in terms of M/F. I realize that's not the only configuration out there, but that's where all my experience lies, and my viewpoint usually reflects that.

A lot of times when writing things on this blog, I've been trying to keep the posts gender neutral. I refer to "the spanker and spankee", the "two people involved", the "spanking couple", and so on. Usually, it just winds up feeling awkward when writing it, and kind of clunky when reading it. In other words, it's a pain. I know I felt that way while writing the "Late For Brunch" post on Tuesday. I finally gave up and went the "let's assume the spankee is a woman" route. The writing was much easier after that.

So that's the way I'm going to write things from now on, in M/F perspective. It's easier and simpler for me. No offense to all the wonderful F/M, F/F, or M/M fans out there. I figure that spanking is spanking. I'll talk about it in the way that's most comfortable for me, and you can mentally arrange the Ms and the Fs in whatever order you like.

A word about pictures and illustrations:

From time to time I'll pick out a photo or a drawing to go along with what I've written. I've got a lot of stuff on my hard drive, and some of it will certainly make its way here--no original content, I'm afraid. Most of the material was taken off of the web and from newsgroups--alt.binaries.spanking was probably the source for the vast majority of the stuff. Very few of these pictures, however, are credited. There's nothing in the picture to identify the source, nothing in the name to indicate where it came from. The photo in "Late For Brunch" is a good example. I have no idea where that photo was originally used--possibly Janus, or Roue, or a publication like that, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

Whenever I can give some kind of credit to a photo or drawing, I will--the original source if I can, or at least the name of the blog where I found it. All others will go uncredited.

If you know the source--or if you are the source--of any uncredited photo or drawing that I use, please drop me a note and let me know, and I'll be sure to add the proper identification to the pic. Likewise, if you are the original source of a picture and don't want me to use it here, let me know and I'll see that it's removed ASAP.

A word about words:

I made a small change to the site and added a section called, More Blogs I Read. There are only two entries there so far--I imagine the list will grow fairly quickly, though. Check them all out and "Happy Reading".

6 comments:

Karl Friedrich Gauss said...

Good news, Dr. Ken, you've hit the jackpot. Spankboss at spankingblog has excerpted one of your posts. Hope you have enough bandwidth for all the traffic that will soon be coming your way.

Anonymous said...

I like most anything to do with spanking aspect! I am a switch and have spanked men in the past but would like to spank a few willing females if I can find them! That is why I get in enough trouble with Uncle D, Michael, etc. LOL!

Dr. Ken said...

KARL--the more, the merrier. I'm glad he felt it was worth sharing.
And whatever traffic comes this way because of it, I'm guessing about one-third will become regular readers, one-third will check back on the blog sporadically, and one-third will look things over and never come back. So I'm really not worried about bandwidth.

PEST--I'd like to spank a few willing females, too--if I can find them! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm let's make a deal Dr. Ken. *WEG* Whoever gets to PA or MN first we shall contact the other to let them know and we can have some spanking fun. I won't try to spank you I promise! LOL! You can have my butt at your mercy! *WEG*

Anonymous said...

My two cents' worth, as regards the original comment - you're right, it's tough, and as you noted also counter-productive, to try being all inclusive when writing about something so personal, and it's a good idea to set the record straight from the beginning, or as soon as possible anyhow. As a general observation, most folks who try being all things to all men, or all things to all spankers at any rate, wind up with a diluted message that's nothing to anybody. And not to put too fine a point on it - write what you know!

Great blog, BTW. Sorry I haven't chimed in before now and I'll try to get here more often, and leave more comments - until you tell me to shut up anyway. *G*

That is all.

Devlin out.

Dr. Ken said...

DEV--Welcome! I'm glad you found your way over here. Thanks for the two cents, and you make some good points, as always.
And I would never tell you to "shut up".
On the other hand, if you ever check back and find your comments have been deleted...... :-)

Dr. Ken